just my little corner of the internet in which to bare my soul about this bear of a journey







Sunday, December 4, 2011

December

The end of the year is upon us.  For most Americans (and I guess Christians worldwide), this is a festive time of year with Thanksgiving, snow, Christmas trees, Santa Claus, decorations, gifts, parties, baking, etc.  But for those of us who live according to an academic calendar, December is hell.  Even if one isn't a procrastinator and has all their ducks in a row, this isn't a fun time.  Exams, papers, projects, presentations, grading; it's overwhelming.

This year, I've decided against being bitter about the end of the semester intruding on the holiday season.  I am instead looking forward, with a happy heart, to a time in the future when I can truly enjoy all that this time of year brings.  I'm not certain what that will look like or when it will be, but I'm excited nonetheless. 

I will save a discussion of my mixed feelings about celebrating Christmas (as a Muslim) and participating in America's civil religion for another blog post. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment