just my little corner of the internet in which to bare my soul about this bear of a journey







Saturday, December 3, 2011

Black Friday

I participated in Black Friday for the very first time this year.  I only went to one store but it was definitely an Event for me.  I had very mixed feelings about this, especially as I've been thinking/praying a lot lately about really trying to live a simpler way of life.  Competing with hundreds of others for the chance to spend a little less money on stuff doesn't really fit the bill of "simple living".  But my parents needed to take advantage of the half priced washer and dryer; their current units are on their last leg.  And I needed a new computer.  Because I earn my living as a student I would definitely categorize a new laptop as a need and not just a want.  The DVDs are another story.

I unfortunately don't have a picture to share of the absurdly long line at Best Buy because frankly a video is the only thing that would have done it justice.  I was too darn shy to walk or drive around the line to capture it on video. 

Oh, and lest you think me insane I did NOT get up at 3 or 4 in the morning to go shopping.  Best Buy opened at midnight and we were only in line for two hours.  Crazy, but not insane. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment